Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kaelyn's current garb

When Kaelyn started crawling really well, and stopped being a babe-in-arms, it became readily apparent that she needed something shorter to play in. This is what I came up with.  The fun thing about this one is that all the fabrics are recycled.






The white shirt was previously a pillowcase, which was nice, because I was able to use the pillowcase's hem.

The stripey fabric came from a flat sheet. The reverse facing is from a gentleman's shirt. 

 Looks pretty good on, I think, though it is getting a little short for her. It's the perfect length to let her climb around and get into trouble.
 She wears it over a pair of leggings I found at goodwill. Lazy, I know, but it was easier than making pants for her.
 The pouch and the belt were given to me by a friend of ours while I was pregnant with Kaelyn. They're pretty awesome. She often wears the belt without the pouch, since she really doesn't carry anything, but the pouch does look pretty cool, it just kind of gets in the way. I'm sure she'll use it lots when she's a little older.

The amber necklace has kind of become part of her garb. We got it as a teething necklace, and it came from Inspired by Finn.

I was recently given some fabric perfect for more toddler garb, so expect more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment