Monday, October 8, 2012

Toddler cloak

 Well, Kaelyn toppled over my sewing machine stand and sent my sewing machine careening to the ground yesterday. Yay. The housing on one side had to be taken off and adjusted. Now it's acting up, and I didn't feel like trouble shooting. I was working on this toddler cloak, made from the pieces of other projects. I always intended the cloak to be a full half circle and to have red gores as the end pieces, but I lost a red gore, so I had to improvise.
I had all the gores sewn together before the machine-toppling incident, so all that remained to be done was to press out the seams and finish the neck. I finished it with bias tape and a covered hood and eye. I'm terrible at hand sewing, by the way, but it was kind of fun, especially since it was such a short distance. This cloak will go over the new dress I'm working on for her, once I make that. Considering the hap-hazard nature of its construction, I'm pleased with the way it came out, and I hope that it will serve her well (and not seem too obnoxiously short) for at least a year. 

1 comment: